Launching our Mentoring Scheme
Our Mentoring Scheme is aimed at people whose career has been adversely affected by the pandemic.
Mentoring has many proven benefits such as encouraging thinking in a different way and career progression. With that in mind, the aim of this opportunity is to help mentees perhaps identify career goals, look at things differently and consider any gaps in their knowledge in order to help them with the next chapter.
How it works
- Once your application has been accepted, we will match you with a mentor – an industry leader in your market who meets your specified requirements
- Over a period of 6 months, you will meet virtually or in-person for one hour per month
- To ensure the success of the scheme, you will be responsible for outlining your objectives, setting an agenda for each meeting session, and being open to the discussion and feedback provided
- We will check in with you throughout the duration of the program to make sure you and your mentor are on-track
Who are the Mentors?
The mentors are a mix of professionals from the industry, from Associate Directors/Senior PR Managers up to CEO and from across all sectors. They have both in-house and agency backgrounds and currently work in the markets where Prospect has offices. We will consider matches carefully but encourage applicants to be aware that we could match you with senior people who may have different sector experience in order to provide the best possible outcomes.
Meet the Mentors: Hong Kong | Singapore | London
How do I become a Mentee?
To be considered for the mentoring programme you must:
- Be affected by Covid-19 in such a way that your employment has been severely impacted as a consequence.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in PR/Corporate Communications/Public Affairs and be committed to continuing your career in the industry.
- Complete the application form, detailing your current situation, why you feel you should be considered and what you are hoping to gain from the program.
- Inform us of anything else you would like us to take into account.
- Your application will be considered.
- If you are unsuccessful at this stage, you will be notified by email.
- If successful, you will be asked to take part in a telephone interview.
- We will then choose the successful mentees and all applicants will be informed of the outcome.
When does the Mentoring Program Start?
The program is due to run from October 2020 until March 2021.