Launching our Mentoring Scheme
In 2020, we launched our first-ever Mentoring Scheme for people whose career was adversely affected by the pandemic. This year, we’re extending the invitation to anyone in the PR and Communications Industry who could benefit from mentorship.
Mentoring encourages thinking in a different way and career progression. With that in mind, the aim of this programme is to help mentees perhaps identify career goals, look at things differently and consider any gaps in knowledge to help with the next chapter.
Here’s what people said about last year’s Prospect Mentoring Scheme:
- “It was so valuable to get the perspective of a seasoned professional as I was transitioning into a new role.” (Mentee)
- “It’s been a great experience for me to connect with people in the industry.” (Mentee)
- “My mentee has forced me to challenge my own outdated beliefs around young people in the workplace! She’s helped me to understand what is important to the next generation of talented workers and how to be a better boss to my own team.” (Mentor)
How it works
- Once your application has been accepted, we will match you with a mentor – an industry leader in your market who meets your specified requirements
- Over a period of 6 months, you will meet virtually or in-person for one hour per month
- To ensure the success of the scheme, you will be responsible for outlining your objectives, setting an agenda for each meeting session, and being open to the discussion and feedback provided
- We will check in with you throughout the duration of the program to make sure you and your mentor are on-track
Who are the Mentors?
The mentors are a mix of professionals from the industry, from Associate Directors/Senior PR Managers up to CEO and from across all sectors. They have both in-house and agency backgrounds and currently work in the markets where Prospect has offices – the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore. We will consider matches carefully but encourage applicants to be aware that we could match you with senior people who may have different sector experience in order to provide the best possible outcomes.
How do I become a Mentee?
To be considered for the mentoring programme you must:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in PR/Corporate Communications/Public Affairs and be committed to continuing your career in the industry.
- Complete the application form, detailing your current situation and what you’re hoping to gain from the programme.
- Inform us of anything else you would like us to take into account when we are matching you with a mentor.
- Your application will be considered.
o If you are unsuccessful at this stage, you will be notified by email.
o If successful, you will be asked to take part in a telephone interview.
- We will then choose the successful mentees and all applicants will be informed of the outcome.
When does the Mentoring Program Start?
The programme will run from October 2021 to March 2022.