The government backed organisation is focused on tackling the issues surrounding consumer spending. Communicating largely to the consumer and lifestyle titles your role will be focused on working closely with internal stakeholders in order to build a media strategy.
Key day to day responsibilities will include:
• Developing and maintaining strong media relationships across consumer, corporate and trade journalists
• Briefing the chief executive and directors on media strategy and day to day issues ensuring they are prepped for interviews and possible issues
• Establishing the organisation as an authoritative voice on financial capability
• Raising awareness of the Service and disseminating its guidance advice through consumer PR; proactively identifying and making the most of opportunities to promote our guidance and debt advice services to consumers through PR
• Working across the organisation to ensure PR is fully integrated with all consumer, partner and corporate campaigns and narrative
Currently working as an AM/SAM in agency or as a press officer in-house you will be keen to work in an issues rich role all the while still focusing on creative consumer projects. You will love media relations and will be keen to act as ambassador for one business.