- Are you tired of seeing the amount of single use packaging waste created every day and keen to help tackle one of the biggest environmental issues of our time?
- Are you passionate about communications and believe that business can act as a change for good?
- Are you fluent in the French language?
If so, this could be the perfect role for you. Our client is one committed to tackling the issue of single-use packaging and is a zero-waste shopping platform, addressing the issue of ‘disposable’ by moving towards ‘reusable’.
This business works with many of the world’s largest consumer brands as well as some smaller ones, oh and some of the world’s largest retailers too. It is a ground-breaking step towards the end of single-use disposable materials and the beginning of a circular economy for the consumer goods industry.
So, what do we need? A French speaking, dynamic, highly organised and team-focused Public Relations Manager with experience to support our client’s fast-growing operations in Europe. This role reports to the Head of Comms and also has management responsibilities for an exec. There’s a lot to do including;
- Support the definition and implementation of PR campaigns for France & UK initially with other European markets to follow
- Oversee the operation of a reactive and pro-active press office, support the launch of new products & new brands.
- Play a major role in launching the business into the UK market. This includes playing a pivotal role in the planning, development and implementation of a high-profile central London launch event and press conference for target media, influencers, VIPs and stakeholders
- Monitor the media to identify suitable opportunities.
- Drafting and distributing press releases and pitches
- Providing support in the organisation of the press conference / launch event in the UK & other European markets
- Maintaining relations with the Communications departments of various brand partners.
- Developing in-depth reports of media success for partners and internal use.
- As and when required:
- – Act as a spokesperson to the press
- – Write awards entries, blog posts, company newsletters and communications etc
- – Attends events and support with the logistics when required
- Fluent in the French language as they have recently launched in Paris.
- Experience of working in Public Relations in a similar role
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Good knowledge of the media and sustainability sector would be a plus
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Event planning or management a plus
- Passionate about sustainability, media and innovation
- Ability to work within a team, in an international working environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with different functions
- Ability to problem solve and multitask in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities
- Proactive and solution-focused