Excited to be working with the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for their Gigabit City projects, where they deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, this pioneering company is driving change in the UK telecoms market and helping to spark our digital economy.
They are seeking an Internal Communications Manager to provide expert and creative delivery of engaging internal communications content and will work closely with the Group Director of Marketing and Communications on messages that keep staff informed of developments across the business. This role will also work closely with the ETeam and HR. This role is key to the effective delivery of Internal Communications projects and activities, including content and stakeholder management. This role will manage the feedback and questions resulting from Internal Communications, it is a highly collaborative role because messaging will span all Group Staff, at all levels, across all UK Cities. Internal Communications Manager is responsible for comms that are smooth running, appropriate and adaptive to the changing needs of the business.
The day to day…
• Lead the development and publication of content to support all Internal Comms activities, helping to tell narrative in a compelling, informative and succinct way
• Work closely with the Group Director of Marketing and Communications (GDMC) and senior leadership to establish organisations messages that update employees in a timely manner
• Work in sync with external communications colleagues, to ensure news is shared with staff, internally, at the same time it is announced to externally
• Understand full channel mix and manage internal communications channels so they are most impactful and consistent across all mediums
• Provide Internal Comms that respond proactively or reactively, as time allows
• Maintain awareness of internal and external events in order to create and share engaging content with employees
• Produce internal events that allow for face to face engagement and make sense logistically so that staff can reasonably attend in person.
• Build and influence a network of key stakeholders across the Group to identify, articulate and deliver the most strategically important messages, which may include mandatory/compliance activities.
• Work closely with HR to publish People News and City News
• Support the Compliance Team to influence staff to complete mandatory activities related to Health and Safety and Compliance
• Ensure GDMC and senior leadership are cognisant of developments across the company and have given their approval for and sensitive or confidential content messaging
• Dedicated Internal Communications role or other role of equivalent capacities
• Highly articulate with a sensitivity to an organisation’s goals and values; able to relay these to others
• Previous development and execution of an Internal Communications strategy
• Proven exceptional business and creative writing skills
• Proven experience with projects and event production
Due to the high level of applications we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within a week, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application. Visit www.prospectresourcing.com for our latest vacancies.