A rare maternity cover opportunity for a Head of Digital has arisen within a leading global Reputation Management firm. This agency is second to none at advising CEOs and boards of the world’s largest and most complex companies and organisations. With an unparalleled blend of knowledge, skills and experience, they provide clients with comprehensive strategic counsel to create value by building and protecting reputation.
The digital team has a fundamental role to play in the business’ commitment to constant improvement.
It is recognised by colleagues for supporting some of the most interesting work in the agency and continues to win awards for its innovative focus on digital integration through consultancy and capability-building. But the day job is bigger than ever, and growing, especially as they face expanding opportunities, both in London and globally.
Their ‘winning’ focus for 2018 aims to extend the reach and impact of their current offer throughout the business, making a reality of the model that places Digital at the heart of all their consulting streams.
• An MD-level digital communications expert with a strong background in corporate and consumer communications / integrated campaigning
• Candidates will need to have led integrated projects, combining digital strategy and execution with wider, traditional communications specialisms (e.g. financial communications, IR, public affairs, brand and reputation campaigning, crisis & issues management)
• An experienced team leader across client accounts and internal teams
• Capability-building skills, a natural trainer (for clients and senior colleagues) with a thirst for knowledge
• A natural mentor who can get the best out of a flexibly resourced team working on multiple projects at any one time (rather than fixed client portfolios), ensuring the team works cohesively and collaboratively
• Digital Team leader / Head of Digital, overseeing the resource allocation, project management, performance and progression of a team of five digital experts (up to Associate Director level)
• Operational leader, keeping the team focused on executing against their four strategic objectives:
1. Improved digital integration across the business, to identify and drive growth opportunities
2. Digital first approach embedded into high value and high margin growth and new business opportunities to improve success rate
3. Clearer view of skills and capability needs across the business and clients, and greater capacity to deliver to these
4. Constant flow of new thinking and ideas into the business to drive new IP
• Head of Digital, the senior Digital point person across consulting streams (PA, Financial Comms, Reputation Campaigning, Research) for organic growth and new business
• Lead on Digital strategy, planning and reporting to the agencies senior team – execute against current Digital strategy, lead team planning for 2018, report to relevant boards and ExCo on strategy progress
• Integration and collaboration with wider business streams to develop new, industry-leading digital IP
• Anticipate the digital skills and knowledge needed to embed across the agency and client teams, and facilitate training / capability-building across all levels and consulting streams with the business