This exciting global brand within media commerce specialises in the travel and entertainment sectors. Based in Shanghai, you will report into the Global Head of Brand in Japan and work closely with counterparts in the US and Europe and local PR teams. The role covers marketing communications and PR and is heavily focused on external communications requiring a superb writer with excellent media skills.
You will lead initiatives targeted at raising brand awareness across the globe and play a key role in coordinating the existing international markets to create a consistent global brand voice and image.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create and implement communication strategies including Media Relations, External Relations, Social Responsibility, Issue and Crisis Management
- Plan and set annual PR plan / calendar with local PR teams to create constant brand exposure and brand image
- Ensure media outreach to secure coverage across online, print and broadcast media
- Lead corporate level PR activity and provide guidance to each market regarding PR activity
- Create global PR material for media and provide guidance to each market regarding PR content and creative generation
- Support global executive management team as the key media contact to liaise with extensive network in the travel and entertainment sectors
- Support global executive management team to identify success measures and to track the ROI of all coverage
To be successful in this role you will either have a journalism background or PR agency experience gained within Asia. 10 years of regional and global communications experience, preferably within the online travel industry is preferred.