Our client, a prestigious global hotel brand is looking for an exceptional individual with international experience to lead their Communications activity and function in the Hong Kong property.
This Director of Communications position requires a first class communications specialist to build the flagship hotel’s brand globally and attract international visitors to the Hong Kong property.
Whilst the role is focussed on the flagship hotel based in Hong Kong, this role requires the individual to have gained knowledge and experience of a variety of markets ideally within the brand’s key territories including USA, China and Japan while also focussing on development in secondary markets within The Middle East and Europe.
As the head of the Hong Kong property communications team, you will be required to gain exposure for the hotel internationally, positioning the hotel as the top luxury destination for overseas visitors. You will be the main spokesperson in and for the Hong Kong property and will be a trusted partner to the senior leadership team within the property and also to the group PR and Communications team regarding all PR and brand communications activities.
You will manage a small team in Hong Kong, report into the Director of Marketing, China South, Hong Kong and Taiwan and work closely with the Hotel’s Managing Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute an annual communications plan as an integral part of the hotel’s overall marketing strategy and plan while also incorporating the group strategy and directive
- Develop and execute innovative public relations and brand communications publicity programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the hotel
- Responsible for all international media activities for the hotel
- Responsible for all brand communications and collateral materials in all languages
- Build and maintain a strong network of media, influencers, partners and celebrities, relevant to the brand
- Devising partnerships and tie-ups with luxury brands that will maximize the hotel’s reputation and profile globally
- Develop opportunities and manage high- profile events
- Work closely with internal digital and marketing teams as well as group to ensure all communications activities adhere to policy’s and brand standards
To be successful in this role, the individual must have international PR and communications experience, ideally within hospitality and luxury goods/services along with the ability to advise on best in class international PR/communications strategy. You will be very international in your outlook and have an understanding of a variety of cultures and global markets. You will have a very strong network of global media, partners and other luxury brands and be great at developing and maintaining relationships. Strategic ability and creative thinking will be your key skills along with exceptional communication skills and the ability to work on a collaborative culture.
Due to the high level of applications we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within a week, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.