Our client, a leading global investment banking and investment management firm headquartered in the US with offices in all major financial centers around the world is looking for a corporate communications expert reporting into the Head of Corporate Communication’s APAC.
Based in either Beijing or Shanghai, you will have deep knowledge and experience of the China market as well as additional international experience.
As the Corporate Communications leader in a stand-alone role, you will build on the company’s communications successes in China and shape and execute a media and internal communications strategy that will help support the company through its next phase of growth while also protecting and enhancing its reputation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Devising a proactive media and internal communications strategy, including innovative storytelling and engagement ideas to help protect and expand the company’s reputation as a leader in China.
- Working with senior leadership across the businesses to translate global business strategy into localized actionable communications strategies.
- Be a trusted advisor to senior China management on a range of matters including crisis communications.
- Act as a lead spokesperson, particularly in crises or on highly sensitive issues where the company’s reputation can be at significant risk.
- Establish and maintain extensive relationships with key Chinese and foreign media across print, broadcast, and across social media channels, including reporters, editors, publishers, and business leaders.
To be successful in this role you will have substantial experience executing media relations roles in China that combine crisis communications, and senior-level management of corporate external and internal communications – ideally within a global financial services firm or from an agency serving global FS brands. In addition, you will be a fluent communicator as well as innovative, enthusiastic, humble, agile, and intellectually curious. Experience gained in a fast-paced, results-orientated environment will be highly suitable along with strong relationships with key local and global media.
Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese and English is essential.
If you are interested in this role and match the experience desired, please send your CV to Emma Dale at Emma@prospectresourcing.com.
Due to the high level of applications we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within a week, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.