An exciting new role has been created in Shanghai for a Brand, Marketing and Communications Manager for a high-end global pet food company.
Headquartered in Vancouver with offices in the US, they are establishing an office in China- the first to be established outside of the US and Canada. Your role will be based remotely (ie from home) and sit in the international marketing team of 3 reporting into the International Marketing Manager based in Canada. Your remit will be broad and will include some of these responsibilities:
- Support the Marketing Manager, in developing brand, marketing and communication strategies and execution plans in China.
- Oversee the development and, execution of brand/reputational communications strategy and plan in partnership with external agency including community, media, KOL and, government relations activities, corporate philanthropy, donations and sponsorships.
- Works closely with the Canadian head office Content Marketing teams to implement social and content strategies and campaigns (executed via in-market agency partners); develop an extensive social media and KOL network to support brand and business outcomes.
Their culture is very down to earth, with high morals and ethics and very low staff turnover. It is a very employee centric business with no clock watchers or micro management and lots of support, and autonomy for employees.
They are looking for the following:
- 7 years plus experience as a communications expert with additional branding and marketing experience in China
- Content and social media knowledge and capabilities is very important
- A background in consumer packaged goods – the pet industry is a bonus
- A self-starter who can work on their own in China with one other, the distributor as well as liaising effectively with the HQ
- Based in Shanghai and happy to work independently and remotely
- Native Mandarin and fluent English language
This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious and proactive marketing communications expert looking to take on a broad remit and progress their career in China.
Due to the high level of applications we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within a week, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.